|Course Title||Using Social Network Sites (SNS) and Ultra Mobile Personal Computers(UMPC) in Project-based Learning|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2008/11/13 15:05|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2009/01/07 14:16|
All Primary School Teachers
|Background||The WebQuest Focus Working Group of the IT in Education Section, EDB launched a pilot project on using Social Network Site (SNS) and Ultra Mobile Personal Computers (UMPC) in project-based learning in September 2008. The project aims to explore using mobile devices and the web environment for collaborative learning. School participants in this project will share their findings and outcomes in the first stage of the project in this seminar.|
|Objective(s)||This seminar aims to share the frontline teaching experiences in using SNS and UMPC to conduct project-based learning outside school.|
|Programme Description||1. Introduction to the pilot project on using SNS and UMPC in project-based learning; 2. Experience sharing on planning and implementing the project in schools; 3. Experience sharing on the outcomes observed in the first stage of the project.|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Accepted or rejected applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Service Portal Account at least 7 days before respective event commencement. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking spaces are available at the venue.
3. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
4. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
5. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeid=5815&langno=1.
The closing date is delayed to 7/1/2009