|Course Title||IT in Education e-Leadership and Management Series: Using Active Server Page (ASP) to Create Simple Web-database Applications|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2009/02/05 11:49|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2009/02/16 10:14|
IT Teachers and Technical Support Staff (TSS) responsible for management of IT resources from all primary and secondary schools (Each teacher participant can be accompanied by one TSS)
|Objective(s)||This course aims to introduce the use of Active Server Page (ASP) to create simple web-database applications that could help IT administrators and Technical Support Staff (TSS) in schools to manage the IT resources effectively. After finishing the course, participants should be able to: (1) setup and configure a personal web server; (2) link a web page to a database; and (3) retrieve data from and send data to a database online. An “online room booking system” (with source codes) developed by speakers will be dispatched to the participants and participants are free to modify the source codes to suit the needs of their own schools.|
|Language Medium||Cantonese supplemented with English terms|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Each teacher is entitled to bring at most one TSS to attend the course. As the TSS cannot apply the course by himself/herself, the teacher applicant should indicate whether he/she would bring a TSS along to the course when making online application. The name of the TSS should be provided in the online form in advance if he/she plans to attend the course with the TSS in pair.
2. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
3. Accepted or rejected applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Service Portal Account at least 7 days before respective event commencement. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking spaces are available at the venue.
4. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
5. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
6. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeid=5815&langno=1.