|Course Title||IT in Education Technological Series: Virtual Classroom|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2009/08/03 16:04|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2009/10/02 14:48|
All primary and secondary school teachers and Technical Support Staff (TSS) (Each teacher participant can be accompanied by a TSS)
|Background||This seminar is offered free by Microsoft Partners in Learning Programme.|
|Objective(s)||This seminar aims to introduce how virtual classroom can extend student learning beyond traditional classroom.|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Each teacher is entitled to bring at most one TSS to attend the course. As the TSS cannot apply the course by himself/herself, the teacher applicant should indicate whether he/she would bring a TSS along to the course when making online application. The name of the TSS should be provided in the online form in advance if he/she plans to attend the course with the TSS in pair.
2. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
3. Accepted or rejected applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Service Portal Account at least 7 days before respective event commencement. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking spaces are available at the venue.
4. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
5. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
6. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeid=5815&langno=1.