|Course Title||IT in Education Pedagogical Series: Applying Wireless and Mobile Technology to Learning and Teaching in Primary Schools (December 2009 - February 2010)|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2009/11/06 16:56|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2010/02/01 15:19|
All primary school teachers (Each teacher participant can be accompanied by a technical support staff (TSS) or computer technician)
On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
Session 1: Overview of wireless and mobile technology (3 hours)
Notes to nominated teachers: Attendance Certificate and 6 CPD hours will only be awarded to participants with satisfactory attendance (100% of the contact hours) and submission of course work at the end of the course.
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Each teacher is entitled to bring at most one TSS to attend the course. As the TSS cannot apply the course by himself/herself, the teacher applicant should indicate whether he/she would bring a TSS along to the course when making online application. The name of the TSS should be provided in the online form in advance if he/she plans to attend the course with the TSS in pair.
2. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
3. Please note that the said training course is funded by public money and events will be conducted as scheduled when the enrollment reaches 16 per event. To ensure proper use and no wastage of public money, teachers accepted should attend the course on time. If he/she is unable to attend the course before its commencement, head of the school should arrange another teacher to substitute in order to prevent wastage of public money. The substitute teacher should attend the course with the Substitution Note shown in Appendix I. Head of school is required to fill in a Notice of Absence shown in Appendix II for every absentee to provide the reason(s) for absence and failing to make substitution on time. Completed Substitution Notes and Notices of Absence should be faxed to the 'Centre for the Advancement of Information Technology in Education, The Chinese University of Hong Kong' (2603 7352) for necessary action.
4. Accepted or rejected applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Service Portal Account at least 7 days before respective event commencement. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking spaces are available at the venue.
5. In the event of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), concerned training sessions (A.M. or P.M.) scheduled, as per class arrangements of the CUHK, will be cancelled pending further notice form the training institute on the make-up arrangement. Details of class arrangements during tropical cyclone/rainstorm are available at the following website: http://iclassroom.hkedcity.net/teacher/rtc0910-wmt .
6. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
7. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeid=5815&langno=1.
|Certificate to be Awarded||