|Course Title||IT in Education e-Learning Series: Effective Use of the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources for learning and teaching of General Studies in Primary Schools|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2011/11/04 16:57|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2012/01/06 17:26|
|Participant Group||All Primary School General Studies Teachers|
To support teachers to use the right technology at the right time for the right task, the Education Bureau has developed and launched the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources for use by all primary school teachers since February 2009. The design of the Depository is based on the Subject Curriculum Guides for Hong Kong primary schools. It contains digital resources and project-based learning materials with teaching suggestions and e-learning exemplars for teachers’ reference. One of the purposes to develop the Depository is to alleviate the workload on teachers in preparing teaching resources and to exploit the potential of using IT to enhance learning and teaching.
This workshop aims to:
1. enhance primary school General Studies teachers' understanding of the contents and functions in the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources;
2. introduction to the resources provided for different strands in General Studies; and
3. provide suggestions of using Information Technology and e-learning resources in General Studies.
1. Introduction to the contents and functions of the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources;
2. Demonstration of the resources provided for different strands in General Studies curriculum;
3. Suggestions of how to make good use of those resources in conducting different learning and teaching activities in General Studies;
4. Hands-on practice;
5. Sharing of practical experiences by experienced General Studies teachers from primary schools; and
6. Questions and Answers.
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Accepted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 7 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking space is available at the venue. The accepted applicants, who cannot attend the course, are required to contact course organiser at least 3 working days before the event commencement.
3. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
4. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
5. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
6. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=2287&langno=1 .