|Course Title||IT in Education e-Learning Series: Effective Use of the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources in Implementing e-Learning in Science Education at Junior Secondary School Level|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2011/11/04 16:57|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2012/01/17 14:54|
|Participant Group||All Secondary Panel Heads and Teachers of Science Key Learning Area|
To support teachers using the Right Technology at the Right Time for the Right Task, the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources has been developed for teachers’ use since February 2011. The Depository including resources with user tips is designed based on the Subject Curriculum Guide for Hong Kong junior secondary schools. One of our purposes is to alleviate the teaching load on teachers in preparing teaching resources and unleash the potential of using IT to enhance learning and teaching. Resources are of large varieties which cover different learning targets and objectives of the existing curriculum in order to cater for teachers’ diversifying needs.
This seminar aims to:
1. introduce and demonstrate the usage and function of the learning and teaching resources in the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources in implementing e-Learning in Science Education at junior secondary school level; and
2. provide suggestions for using Information Technology and digital learning resources in implementing e-Learning in Science Education at junior secondary school level.
1. Suggestions on effective use of the Depository in implementing e-Learning in Science Education at junior secondary school level;
2. Experience sharing by school teacher in implementing e-Learning in Science Education at junior secondary school level;
3. Demonstration and hands-on practice of using IT tools to facilitate the learning and teaching of Science Education at junior secondary school level; and
4. Questions and Answers.
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Accepted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 7 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking space is available at the venue. The accepted applicants, who cannot attend the course, are required to contact course organiser at least 3 working days before the event commencement.
3. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
4. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
5. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
6. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=2287&langno=1 .