|Course Title||IT in Education e-Leadership and Management Series: Briefing Session on IT in Education Centre of Excellence (CoE) Scheme for 2012/13|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2011/11/21 11:21|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2012/02/08 08:23|
|Participant Group||All Primary, Secondary and Special School Principals and Teachers|
To familiarise principals and teachers with the concept, requirements and mode of operation of the IT in Education Centre of Excellence (CoE) Scheme, and to provide them with more information about the CoE Scheme.
1. Introduction of the IT in Education CoE Scheme;
2. Purposes and functions of CoEs;
3. Mode of cooperation between CoE & EDB;
4. Application procedures for schools participating in the CoE Scheme;
5. Experience sharing by current CoE teachers; and
6. Questions and Answers.
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Accepted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 7 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking space is available at the venue. The accepted applicants, who cannot attend the course, are required to contact course organiser at least 3 working days before the event commencement.
3. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
4. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
5. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
6. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=2287&langno=1 .