|Course Title||IT in Education e-Learning Series: Using IT Tools available in the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources to Enhance the Effectiveness of Learning and Teaching of English Language at Junior Secondary School Level|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2012/02/03 10:32|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2012/03/16 10:32|
|Participant Group||Secondary English Language Panel Heads and English Language Teachers teaching at Junior Secondary School Level|
This seminar aims at introducing features of the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources
as well as recommending several IT tools which can help enhance the effectiveness of learning and teaching of English Language to secondary schools English Language Panel Heads and English Language teachers teaching at junior secondary school level. How to use the Depository and the IT tools effectively will be demonstrated and participants will be given opportunities to design and modify classroom activities with the recommended IT tools. The experience on the use of the Depository and the IT tools in the classroom will also be shared by front-line English Language teachers.
1. Introduction and demonstration of the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources and IT tools for learning and teaching of English Language;
2. Experience sharing by the English Language teachers from the collaborating schools;
3. Hands-on practice in designing and modifying classroom activities with the recommended IT tools and resources in the Depository; and
4. Questions and Answers.
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Accepted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 7 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking space is available at the venue. The accepted applicants, who cannot attend the course, are required to contact course organiser at least 3 working days before the event commencement.
3. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
4. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
5. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
6. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=2287&langno=1 .