|Course Title||IT in Education e-Learning Series: Effective Use of the Digital Resources in Learning and Teaching of Junior Secondary 'Life and Society' Curriculum|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2012/02/03 10:32|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2012/03/16 10:32|
|Participant Group||Junior Secondary Integrated Humanities and Life and Society teachers|
To support teachers using the Right Technology at the Right Time for the Right Task, the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources has been developed for teachers’ use since February 2011. The Depository including resources with user tips is designed based on the Subject Curriculum Guide for Hong Kong junior secondary schools. One of our purposes is to alleviate the teaching load on teachers in preparing teaching resources and unleash the potential of using IT to enhance learning and teaching. Resources are of large varieties which cover different learning targets and objectives of the existing curriculum in order to cater teachers’ diversifying needs.
This course aims to:
1. introduce and demonstrate the usage of the learning and teaching resources in the depository; and
2. provide suggestions for effective use of digital resources in implementing e-Learning in Life and Society at junior secondary level.
1. Introduction to the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources (PSHE KLA – Junior Secondary);
2. Teachers’ sharing on the usage of the learning and teaching resources in the Depository;
3. Demonstration of cloud-based presentation tool which can be used in learning and teaching;
4. Hands-on session; and
5. Questions and Answers.
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Accepted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 7 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking space is available at the venue. The accepted applicants, who cannot attend the course, are required to contact course organiser at least 3 working days before the event commencement.
3. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
4. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
5. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
6. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=2287&langno=1 .