|Course Title||IT in Education e-Learning Series: Effective Use of the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources for Teaching English-Language Students with Diverse Abilities at Junior Secondary School Level|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2012/04/30 08:46|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2012/05/25 17:19|
|Participant Group||Secondary School English Language Panel Heads and English Language Teachers teaching at Junior Secondary School Level|
This seminar aims at introducing features of the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources and how it can help catering for learner diversity to secondary schools English Language Panel Heads and English Language teachers teaching at junior secondary school level. How to use the Depository with effective teaching strategies will be demonstrated and participants will be given opportunities to design and modify classroom activities for the needs of students with the resources in the Depository. The experience on the use of the Depository for helping students with diverse abilities will also be shared by front-line English Language teachers.
1. Introduction and demonstration of the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources for learning and teaching of English Language;
2. Sharing of resources available in the Depository and teaching strategies for catering for learner diversity;
3. Experience sharing by the English Language teachers from the collaborating schools;
4. Hands-on practice in designing and modifying classroom activities with the resources in the Depository to cater for the needs of students with diverse ability; and
5. Questions and Answers.
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Accepted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 7 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking space is available at the venue. The accepted applicants, who cannot attend the course, are required to contact course organiser at least 3 working days before the event commencement.
3. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
4. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
5. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
6. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=2287&langno=1 .