|Course Title||IT in Education e-Learning Series: Let’s “SketchUp” Together – Learning and Teaching 3D Drawing and Design by Using Google SketchUp|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2012/05/04 17:34|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2012/05/04 17:34|
|Participant Group||Junior Secondary School Technology Education, Computer and Design & Technology Teachers|
|Background||Google SketchUp is an easy to use 3D modeling software for architect, engineers, filmmakers and game developers. Users can export drawings to 2D or 3D image formats, present in Google Earth and share in the online 3D Warehouse. Google SketchUp also provides a free version and online tutorial videos for learning and teaching of 3D drawing and design.|
This course aims to:
1. introduce tools and functions of Google SketchUp;
2. discuss basic 3D drawing and design skills and techniques; and
3. introduce teaching strategies in 3D drawing and design by use of Google SketchUp.
1. Introduce and hands-on practice on the use of Google SketchUp;
2. Discuss 3D drawing skills and techniques;
3. Share experience in teaching strategies;
4. Introduce resources related to 3D drawing and design by use of Google SketchUp in the Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources; and
5.Questions and Answers.
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Accepted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 7 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking space is available at the venue. The accepted applicants, who cannot attend the course, are required to contact course organiser at least 3 working days before the event commencement.
3. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
4. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
5. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
6. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=2287&langno=1 .