|Course Title||IT in Education e-Leadership & Management Series: School Network Infrastructure Enhancement|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2012/05/02 14:26|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2012/05/30 16:00|
|Participant Group||All primary, secondary and special schools teachers responsible for IT in Education and technical support staff (TSS)|
EDB IT in Education Section is organising a series of training courses for teachers responsible for IT in Education and technical support staff (TSS). Courses aim to raise teachers' and TSS's awareness of the latest development in school IT management and maintenance, and to equip them with related technological knowledge and skills in order to facilitate the learning and teaching activities.
This course aims to provide suggestions on the design and upgrading of wired and wireless networks.
- Introduce the design and technologies of high resilience school network infrastructure;
- Discuss10GB/1GB backbone performance and migration;
- Demonstration of Network Management System (NMS);
- Integration of existing network equipment to NMS;
- Share schools’ cases; and
- Questions and Answers.
Mr Alex YIU
Senior Network Consultant, Automated Systems Holdings Limited
Mr Raymond CHUANG
Senior Product Manager, Ruijie Networks
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Technical Support Staff (TSS) can apply the course by completing the attached application form and submit to ITE section by fax: 2382 4934
2. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
3. Accepted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 7 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking space is available at the venue. The accepted applicants, who cannot attend the course, are required to contact course organiser at least 3 working days before the event commencement.
4. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
5. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
6. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
7. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=2287&langno=1.