|Course Title||Hong Kong Biennial Gifted Education Conference 2014|
|Organising Division||Curriculum Development Institute|
|First Issue Date and Time||2014/09/29 16:33|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2014/12/02 15:07|
|Participant Group||School heads, panel chairpersons and teachers of secondary / primary schools, especially personnel involved in coordinating / planning school-based gifted education.|
|Background||The theme of this Conference is: ‘Hong Kong Needs Talents, Talents Need Us’. It aims to enhance awareness of education provisions for the gifted and also encourage professional exchange amongst school heads, teachers and other school personnel to further promote the notion of “gifted education for all”.|
|Objective(s)||1. To introduce the various examples of provision for the gifted through both school-based and off-site programmes 2. To introduce various features of a quality gifted education programme with the focus on creativity, critical thinking and personal and social competence 3. To introduce best practices of differentiation for gifted learners in regular classrooms across various disciplines and grade levels 4. To demonstrate the possible means of catering for the cognitive, social and emotional needs of the gifted through the adoption of various curriculum designs|
|Programme Description||Please refer to the programme schedule attached|
|Language Medium||Please refer to the programme schedule attached|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|CPD Elements for EDB Non-teaching Education Professionals (NTEPs)||
|Content Area||Gifted Education (NSS)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. ALL on-line applications should be nominated and approved by the school authority. Prior application is required and walk-ins will NOT be entertained.
2. Applicants please check the enrollment results via their email accounts on the e-services Portal.
3. In case of over-subscription, priority will be given to those school nominees who are responsible for planning/ coordinating school-based gifted development programmes.
4. The Gifted Education Section reserves the right to reject those applications without submitting sufficient data.
5. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. In case of tropical cyclones or persistent rain affecting the safety of participants, EDB and HKAGE will announce the cancellation of conference before 6:15 a.m. for morning session and before 11:00 a.m. for afternoon sessions.
b. Participants will be notified for further arrangement in due course.
6. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at venue.
7. The programme will be video-taped and the footage may be used for other educational purposes.
8. All information in this application would be shared between the Education Bureau and The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education for statistical purposes.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
|Related Web Site||
Homepage of the Gifted Education Section of Curriculum Development Institute, Education Bureau
Homepage of The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education
Homepage of Hong Kong Biennial Gifted Education Conference 2014