|Course Title||Enhancing Life-wide Learning Experiences through Effective Planning of Cross-curricular Activities: (2) Reflection / Self-directed Learning ─ Youth Employment Start(New)|
|Organising Division||Curriculum Development Institute|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/01/10 09:46|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/02/14 15:51|
Finance Type: ALL
Subject/Function: LIFE-WIDE LEARNING
Participant: SCHOOL HEAD, DEPUTY HEADS, OLE COORDINATORS / TEACHERS, CURRICULUM LEADERS, CAREER MASTERS/TEACHERS, PANEL HEADS AND TEACHERS
|Background||Life-wide Learning (LWL) is a learning strategy that helps to move student learning beyond the classroom into authentic learning contexts. Through making good use of community resources and effective planning, teachers may create room for cross-curricular activities to foster students’ whole-person development and enable them to be life-long learners.|
The series of courses are expected to promote quality Life-wide Learning Experiences through effective planning of cross-curricular activities with regard to the following four areas of emphasis:
(1) Whole-school Curriculum Planning;
(2) Reflection/ Self-directed Learning;
(3) Quality Partnerships; and
(4) Extending, Enriching and Enabling Student Learning.
|Programme Description||This event is the second of the series. Representatives of "Youth Employment Start" will guide teachers, through lectures and guided tours, on how to enhance the employability of young people and provide information of the labour market and related training courses.|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|CPD Elements for EDB Non-teaching Education Professionals (NTEPs)||
|Content Area||Others (Gen) (NSS)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
Course / Activity will be resumed when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled at or before 11:30 a.m. Otherwise, Course / Activity will continue to be cancelled.
2. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at the venue.
3. Successful teacher applicants have to attend the PM session. 3 CPD hours will only be awarded to participants with 100% attendance.
4. Teachers are welcome to browse the Life-wide Learning Activity Databank website for making good use of community resources: http://www.edb.gov.hk/cd/lwl/databank
5. No walk-in will be entertained.
CDI020190707_Youth Employment Start (Y.E.S.)_Tentative Rundown_En&Chi.pdf