|Course Title||STEM Education Series: Workshop for Brainwave Controlled Technology and Related STEM Activities (New)|
|Organising Division||Curriculum Development Institute|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/01/15 16:40|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/01/15 16:40|
|Participant Group||Teachers of STEM related KLAs|
|Background||Brainwave controlled technology uses a brain-computer control interface (BCI) to translate brain waves into commands that allowing users to control an external device solely by their thoughts. The technology allows the brain of a patient to control the electrical wheelchair, as well as allow the patient to interact with computer with a headset.|
1) Introducing the application of Brainwave-controlled technology through hands-on workshop; and
2) Sharing on the experience of leading secondary school students to conduct STEM activities related to Brainwave-controlled technology so as to develop their potential in STEM related areas.
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Subject Knowledge & Pedagogy/Learning & Teaching (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Under the broad principle of first-come-first-served, applications from the same school are processed according to the nomination priorities set by the school.
2. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. Course / Activity for morning session will be cancelled when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is hoisted or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued at or after 6:30 am.
b. Course / Activity for afternoon session will be resumed when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled at or before 11:30 am. Otherwise, Course / Activity for afternoon session will continue to be cancelled.
c. Participants will be notified for further arrangement in due course.
3. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at venue.
4. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.