|Course Title||STEM Education Learning, Teaching and Assessment Series: Workshop on Implementing Coding Education to Develop Upper Primary School Students’ Computational Thinking (General Studies) [New]|
|Organising Division||Curriculum Development Institute|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/10/25 09:26|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/10/25 09:26|
Finance Type: GOVERNMENT, AIDED, CAPUT AND DIRECT SUBSIDY SCHEME
Subject/Function: GENERAL STUDIES
Participant: COORDINATORS, PANEL HEADS AND TEACHERS
|Background||To support the implementation of STEM education in schools, a series of STEM related professional development programmes is being organised for teachers. Major components of the professional development programmes to be provided are: (A) Learning, Teaching and Assessment; (B) Enriching Knowledge; and (C) Curriculum Planning. This course belongs to the component of Learning, Teaching and Assessment.|
- To enhance participants’ pedagogical knowledge of using coding education to develop students’ computational thinking in General Studies.
- To facilitate participants to promote STEM education in school through coding education.
|Programme Description||Experience sharing with hands-on activities to enhance participants' understanding of the pedagogy to develop computational thinking among upper primary school students and how to design learning activities with App Inventor 2 in General Studies.|
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Curriculum Development & Implementation (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. This course is under STEM Education Learning, Teaching and Assessment Series.
2. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. Course / Activity for afternoon session will be resumed when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled at or before 11:30 am. Otherwise, Course / Activity for afternoon session will continue to be cancelled.
b. Participants will be notified for further arrangement in due course.
3. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at venue.
4. Being late or early leave for more than 15 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
5. Successful or rejected applicants for all events will be notified via the e-Service Portal Account.