|Course Title||Using Web-based Learning Courses to Support Gifted/More Able Students to Pursue Self-directed Learning (Refreshed)|
|Organising Division||Curriculum Development Institute|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/09/03 14:36|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/09/23 10:12|
|Participant Group||The target participants are primary and secondary school principals, vice principals and designated teachers responsible for planning and coordinating school-based gifted education.|
|Background||The Education Bureau (EDB) and The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education (HKAGE) offer five web-based learning courses on Earth Science, Astronomy, Palaeontology, Mathematics and the Changing Hong Kong Economy to provide enrichment learning opportunities in stretching the potential of gifted/more able students. These courses supplement the regular classroom learning and help develop self-directed learning habits of gifted/more able students.|
1.To familiarise teachers with the aims, special features and structures of these web-based learning courses as well as the procedures for nomination of students.
2.To explore the strategies of using web-based learning courses to support gifted/more able students to pursue self-directed learning.
1. To introduce the aims, special features and structures of the web-based learning courses;
2. To introduce the procedures for nominating students to the web-based learning courses;
3. To explore the strategies of using web-based learning courses to support gifted/more able students to pursue self-directed learning; and
4. Q & A session
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Gifted Education|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal (for e-Services Teacher account holders only) upon successful completion.|
1. ALL on-line applications should be nominated and approved by the school authority. Prior application is required and walk-ins will NOT be entertained.
2. Applicants please check the enrollment results via their email accounts on the e-services Portal.
3. In case of over-subscription, priority will be given to those school nominees who are responsible for planning/ coordinating school-based gifted development programmes.
4. The Gifted Education Section reserves the right to reject those applications without submitting sufficient data.
5. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
(a). Course / Activity for afternoon session will be resumed when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled at or before 11:30 am. Otherwise, Course / Activity for afternoon session will continue to be cancelled.
(b). Participants will be notified for further arrangement in due course.
6. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at venue.
7. All information in this application would be shared between the Education Bureau and The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education for statistical purposes.
Rundown_Chi_Briefing on Web-based Learning courses.pdf
Rundown_Eng_Briefing on Web-based Learning courses.pdf
|Related Web Site||
Homepage of the Gifted Education Section of Curriculum Development Institute, Education Bureau
Web-based Learning Courses for Gifted/More Able Students (offered by the EDB and HKAGE)