|Course Title||Advanced Course (A) Setting Out the Blueprint for School-based Gifted Education(Secondary)(Refreshed)|
|Organising Division||Curriculum Development Institute|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/09/03 14:36|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/10/10 16:34|
|Participant Group||The target participants are secondary school principals, vice principals and designated teachers responsible for planning and coordinating school-based gifted education.|
1. In order to better support the planning and co-ordination of school-based gifted education, the Gifted Education Section has designed a series of school-specific and practice-oriented modular advanced courses.
2. This advanced course series consists of 6 modules:
(A) Setting out the blueprint for school-based gifted education
(B) SWOT analysis for the implementation of school-based gifted education
(C) Practical Cases Analysis: Three-tier Implementation Model of Gifted Education – Level 1 Whole-class Instruction
(D) Practical Cases Analysis: Three-tier Implementation Model of Gifted Education – Level 2 Pull-out Programme
(E) Student cases analysis & school-based experience sharing: realising the potential of students and nurturing giftedness
(F) Professional development for teachers and resources deployment for gifted education
3. Modules (A) to (F) shall be organised in sequence in this school year. Teachers are advised to make reference to the attachment “Course Schedule” when applying for the courses.
4. Teachers can consider their own training needs to enrol in one or all of the modules (teachers may choose to complete the modules in several years accumulatively). An e-Certificate of “Gifted Education Advanced Course” would be awarded to participants who successfully complete all the 6 modules (a total of 18 hours). For teachers wishing to apply for this e-Certificate, please contact the Gifted Education Section, CDI, EDB (Tel: 3698 3488 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. To introduce the knowledge and strategies essential for developing school-based gifted education; and
2. To make use of relevant knowledge and strategies setting out the blueprint to develop school-based gifted education.
- Examining different school-based gifted education development strategies and formulating school-specific development blueprint;
- Elaborating the use of the “School Self-enhancing Tool” for facilitating continuous development of school-based gifted education; and
- Discussing the connection among programmes at different levels of the “Three-tier Implementation Model” in gifted education.
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Gifted Education|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal (for e-Services Teacher account holders only) upon successful completion.|
1. ALL on-line applications should be nominated and approved by the school authority. Prior application is required and walk-ins will NOT be entertained.
2. Applicants please check the enrolment results via their email accounts on the e-services Portal.
3. In case of over-subscription, the applications will be accepted on first-come-first-served basis.
4. The Gifted Education Section reserves the right to reject those applications without submitting sufficient data.
5. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. Course / Activity for afternoon session will be resumed when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled at or before 11:30 am. Otherwise, Course / Activity for afternoon session will continue to be cancelled.
b. Participants will be notified for further arrangement in due course.
6. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at venue.
7. All information in this application would be shared between the Education Bureau and The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education for statistical purposes.
|Related Web Site||Homepage of the Gifted Education Section of Curriculum Development Institute, Education Bureau|