|Course Title||Learning and Teaching Strategies for the Secondary Mathematics Curriculum Series: (3) Reading to Learn (Re-run)|
|Organising Division||Curriculum Development Institute|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/09/18 17:16|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/10/25 14:23|
Finance Type: ALL
Participant: TEACHERS, TEACHING ASSISTANTS AND ASSISTANT TEACHERS
|Objective(s)||To discuss with teachers the strategies for enhancing the learning of Secondary Mathematics through reading.|
(1) The role of reading in the learning and teaching of Mathematics;
(2) Sharing of interesting Mathematics reading materials; and
(3) Strategies to cultivate students' habits of reading in Mathematics for promoting reading to learn and reading across the curriculum.
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Subject Knowledge & Pedagogy/Learning & Teaching (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal (for e-Services Teacher account holders only) upon successful completion.|
1. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
2. Acceptance or rejection will be notified through the e-Services Portal account.
3. In case of over-subscription, priority will be given to teachers who ranked first in the nominations from their schools.
4. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. Course / Activity for morning session will be cancelled when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above is hoisted or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued at or after 6:30 am.
b. Course / Activity for afternoon session will be resumed when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled at or before 11:30 am. Otherwise, Course / Activity for afternoon session will continue to be cancelled.
c. Participants will be notified of further arrangement in due course.
5. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at venue.