|Course Title||STEM Education Enriching Knowledge Series: Seminar on "The Role of Engineering in STEM Education" (Refreshed) (Cancelled)|
|Organising Division||Curriculum Development Institute|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/12/10 14:42|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2020/02/06 17:21|
Subject/Function: Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Combined Science, Integrated Science, Physics, Science (Secondary 1-3), BAFS (Business Management), Business, Accounting & Financial Studies, BAFS (Accounting), Computer Literacy, Design and Applied Technology, Design and Technology, Health Management and Social Care, Home Economics, Information & Communication Technology, Technology and Living, Technology and Living (Fashion, C&T), Technology and Living (Food S&T)
Participant: School Heads, Deputy Heads, Coordinators, Panel Heads and Teachers of Secondary Schools
|Background||To support the implementation of STEM education in schools, a series of STEM related professional development programmes is being organised for teachers. Major components of the professional development programmes to be provided are: (A) Learning, Teaching and Assessment; (B) Enriching Knowledge; and (C) Curriculum Planning. This course belongs to the component of Enriching Knowledge.|
1. To enhance teachers' understanding of the role of engineering in STEM education;
2. To arouse teachers' awareness on the career path and employment prospects in the engineering field; and
3. To enhance teachers' awareness on how to prepare students in pursuit of their further studies and career in the discipline of engineering.
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Subject Knowledge & Pedagogy/Learning & Teaching (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. This course is under STEM Education Enriching Knowledge Series.
2. Under the broad principle of first-come-first-served, applications from the same school are processed according to the nomination priorities set by the school.
3. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a) Course / Activity for morning session will be cancelled when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is hoisted or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued at or after 6:30 am.
b) Course / Activity for afternoon session will be resumed when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled at or before 11:30 am. Otherwise, Course / Activity for afternoon session will continue to be cancelled.
c) Participants will be notified for further arrangement in due course.
4. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at venue.
5. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
Rundown Role of Engineering in STEM Education_20200224 (Eng).pdf
Course Title English