|Course Title||STEM Education Learning, Teaching and Assessment Series: Workshop on Application of Coding in STEM-related Project – Interacting with mBot (Refreshed)|
|Organising Division||Curriculum Development Institute|
|First Issue Date and Time||2020/01/16 14:12|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2020/01/16 14:12|
Finance Type: GOVERNMENT, AIDED, CAPUT AND DIRECT SUBSIDY SCHEME
Participant: COORDINATORS, PANEL HEADS AND TEACHERS
|Background||To support the implementation of STEM education in schools, a series of STEM related professional development programmes is being organised for teachers. Major components of the professional development programmes to be provided are: (A) Learning, Teaching and Assessment; (B) Enriching Knowledge; and (C) Curriculum Planning. This course belongs to the component of Learning, Teaching and Assessment.|
- To enhance participants’ pedagogical knowledge of using mBot to develop students’ computation thinking
- To facilitate participants to promote STEM education in schools through teaching coding
1. This course is under STEM Education Learning, Teaching and Assessment Series.
2. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate.
3. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather or Other Special Situation
a. Course / Activity for morning session will be cancelled when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is hoisted or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued at or after 6:30 am.
b. Course / Activity for afternoon session will be resumed when Typhoon Signal No.8 or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled at or before 11:30 am. Otherwise, Course / Activity for afternoon session will continue to be cancelled.
c. In the event of class suspension for primary and special schools in the territory announced by the Education Bureau, the Course will be cancelled.
d. Participants will be notified for further arrangement in due course.
4. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at venue.
5. Under normal circumstances, being late or early leave for more than 15 minutes without prior consent will not be counted as achieving 100% attendance.
6. Successful or rejected applicants for all events will be notified via the e-Service Portal Account.
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Curriculum Development & Implementation (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
Programme Rundown_mBot 3 Mar 2020.docx