|Course Title||IT in Education e-Learning Series: 2015 International Conference on ICT/Social Media in Teaching and Learning – Day 1 Session 2|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2015/03/20 15:43|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2015/04/02 16:39|
|Participant Group||All Primary, Secondary and Special School Principals and Teachers|
This conference aims to:
1. explore the new and emerging practices required or enabled by Social Media, Web 2.0 and mobile technologies;
2. offer practitioners, developers and researchers an opportunity to share teaching and learning experiences; and
3. explore how these technologies can be used to facilitate life-wide and lifelong learning.
|Programme Description||Please refer to the official website of the conference: http://socialmediaforall.org/|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Every single session of the conference will be regarded as an individual professional development programme. Applicants have to submit a separate application for each session of the conference. For further details of the other sessions in Day 1 and 2, please refer to EI0020150198, EI0020150200 and EI0020150201.
2. Heads of schools are requested to submit the online application to the Information Technology in Education Section on or before the closing date of nomination. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. Prior application is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
3. Accepted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 7 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances. Successful applicants attending the course should bring along their notification letters for the course and are advised to use public transport. No parking space is available at the venue. The accepted applicants, who cannot attend the course, are required to contact course organiser at least 3 working days before the event commencement.
4. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the e-Services Portal Account 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
5. In the event of public announcement by the Education Bureau that all schools are to be closed as a result of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), the course scheduled on that session (A.M. or P.M.) will be cancelled.
6. All teachers are required to register before the start of each session in order to obtain their CPD. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes will not be granted any CPD hours.
7. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website:
|Certificate to be Awarded||
|Related Web Site||http://socialmediaforall.org/|