|Course Title||IT in Education e-Safety Series: School Websites Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Protection, Security Risk and Cyber Security Seminar|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2018/05/08 18:13|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2018/05/18 16:16|
|Participant Group||All principals, teachers and technical support staff in primary and secondary schools who are interested in School Information Security|
|Objective(s)||This seminar aims to arouse the schools' awareness and knowledge on information and cyber security issues.|
This event aims to arouse participants' awareness and knowledge on:
- School websites Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protection;
- SSL deployment and steps;
- Crypto Hijacking;
- School information security risks; and
- Cyber security.
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Prior application via Training Calendar System (TCS) is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Heads of schools are requested to endorse the online application by the closing date. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate.
3. Applicants and the respective school heads will be notified the application status through TCS 7 days before the event start date under normal circumstances. Successful applicants should attend the confirmed event and bring along the confirmation mail when attending the course.
4. The accepted applicants who cannot attend the course are required to inform the ITE Section via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 3 working days before the event date in order to arrange substitution.
5. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the TCS 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
6. To help keep a more accurate attendance record, participants are required to sign-in & sign-out on registration list. Being late or leaving early for more than 30 minutes will not be granted any CPD hours.
7. No parking space is available at the venue.
8. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. Course/Activity in the morning session will be cancelled when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is issued or stays in effect at or after 6:30 am.
b. Course/Activity in the afternoon session will be resumed when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is cancelled at or before 11:30 am. Otherwise, the Course/Activity is declared to be cancelled.
9. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website:
2017-18_Application form for TSS (Eng).pdf
2017-18_Application form for TSS (Chi).pdf