|Course Title||IT in Education Pedagogical Series: The Third International Conference on Game-based Learning (ICGBL 2018) (Day 1, AM session)|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2018/10/23 14:51|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2018/12/05 11:39|
|Participant Group||All principals and teachers in primary and secondary schools|
|Background||The 3rd International Conference on Game-based Learning will be held at the Chinese University of Hong Kong from 5 to 9 December 2018, with the theme of “Educational Games and Learning Sciences”.|
|Objective(s)||This course aims to enhance Hong Kong teachers' understanding of game-based learning and enhance teaching effectiveness through the academic exchanges on game-based learning among Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan educators.|
1. 09:30-10:00: Opening Ceremony
2. 10:00-10:45: Keynote Speech: Effective Design Models and Research Topics of Digital Game-based Learning
By Prof. HWANG Gwo-jen (Dean of College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Chair Professor of Graduate Institute of Digital Learning and Education, 台灣科技大學) (Event AA to AB)
3. 10:45-11:00: Break
4. 11:00-13:00: Event AA: Teacher Professional Development Seminar: Sharing of Flipped Classroom Teaching Experience
4. 11:00-12:00: Event AB: Plenary Report by Representatives from Game-based Learning Committee, China Association For Educational Technology (GBLC, CAET)
|Language Medium||Putonghua (Keynote Speech & Plenary Report), Cantonese (Flipped Classroom Seminar)|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Prior application via Training Calendar System (TCS) is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Heads of schools are requested to endorse the online application by the closing date. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate.
3. The EDB will sponsor the registration fee of the Conference for local school principals and teachers in such a way that they can choose to attend a maximum of any three sessions free of charge. This serves to encourage them to participate in the Conference. To ensure proper use and prevent unnecessary wastage of public money, participants should ensure their availability to attend the Conference before submitting applications. Participants are encouraged to enrol in the other two sessions (EI0020180313 and EI0020180314) as well.
4. Applicants and the respective school heads will be notified the application status through TCS 4 days before the event start date under normal circumstances. Successful applicants should attend the confirmed event and bring along their confirmation mail when attending the conference.
5. The accepted applicants who cannot attend the conference are required to inform the ITE Section via email (email@example.com) at least 3 working days before the event date in order to arrange substitution.
6. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the TCS 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
7. To help keep a more accurate attendance record, participants are required to sign-in in the keynote speech and the seminar/plenary report on registration list. Being late or leaving early for more than 30 minutes will not be granted any CPD hours.
8. No parking space is available at the venue.
9. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. Course/Activity in the morning session will be cancelled when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is issued or stays in effect at or after 7:00 am.
b. Course/Activity in the afternoon session will be resumed when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above is cancelled at or before 12:00 noon. Otherwise, the Course /Activity is declared to be cancelled.
10. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website:
|Related Web Site||Conference Rundown: http://www.icgbl.org|