|Course Title||IT in Education Pedagogical Series: The Global Chinese Conference on Computers in Education 2019|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/01/21 12:19|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/03/26 15:48|
|Participant Group||All school heads and teachers in primary and secondary schools|
The Global Chinese Conference on Computers in Education (GCCCE) is an annual international conference. Since 1997, it has developed into a major event for scholars, researchers and frontline educators around the world who are interested in IT in education in the Chinese communities to regularly meet and share experiences.
This year, the GCCCE 2019 will be held in Wuhan, China with the main theme - "Prospective wisdom of science and technology and humanities", related to IT in education innovations and their practices and impacts.
Hong Kong school heads and teachers were found actively involved in this conference during the past 20 years with numbers of papers presented to reflect the innovations and achievement of Hong Kong schools in IT in education to participants around the world.
To sustain the momentum and to provide a chance for a large pool of local school heads and teachers to expose themselves to this well-acclaimed event, this programme will be offered as a learning opportunity for school heads and teachers to submit papers and present their work in person in the 'Teacher Forum' of the GCCCE 2019.
The programme aims to provide an opportunity for local school heads and teachers to:
1. present their innovations and achievements in IT in education to educators of the Chinese communities from overseas countries, the Mainland, Taiwan and Macau;
2. expose themselves to new ideas on IT in education from a global perspective;
3. discuss with peers and share experiences of successful applications of IT in education; and
4. acquire first-hand experiences on how IT is best applied in schools through school visits (if any) organised by the Conference organiser.
The Hong Kong Association for Computer Education (HKACE) has been entrusted by the Conference organiser as the authorised regional representative of the GCCCE 2019 in Hong Kong to form the 'Teacher Forum Committee' which comprises review panel members from the HKACE, is responsible for reviewing the papers submitted for the 'Teacher Forum'.
School heads and teachers interested in presenting papers in the 'Teacher Forum' of the GCCCE 2019 and attending the Conference as the Hong Kong delegates should first apply online at the Training Calendar System (TCS) of the EDB. They are then requested to submit a completed paper that exemplifies their personal experience in the application of IT in education to the HKACE (Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org) directly before the deadline (28 February 2019). Please refer to the attachment for the format of the paper.
If their papers were selected and adjudicated by the 'Teacher Forum Committee' as one of the 23 best presentations, the EDB will pay the registration fee for these participants of the Conference.
As an obligation, school heads and teachers nominated for the trip are required to:
‧ present their work in the 'Teacher Forum' of the GCCCE 2019 as requested by the 'Teacher Forum Committee' and attend other official functions including school visits organised by the GCCCE 2019 throughout the 5-day Conference period; and
‧ share experiences acquired in the trip with other Hong Kong teachers if asked by the EDB when they return to Hong Kong.
|Language Medium||Putonghua and English|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Heads of schools are requested to nominate candidates to participate in the programme. Online applications should first be submitted to the Information Technology in Education Section via Training Calendar System to show candidates' intention to present papers to the 'Teacher Forum' of the GCCCE 2019 on or before the closing date of nomination. Completed papers should be submitted to the HKACE via email on or before the deadline for submission.
2. Whether an applicant would be selected to participate in the conference is solely at the discretion of the 'Teacher Forum Committee'. In case of any dispute with school heads and/or teachers concerned over their eligibility of participation in the conference, the decision of the 'Teacher Forum Committee' will be final and binding on all parties concerned.
3. Accepted or rejected applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Service Portal Account on or before 8 March 2019. The HKACE will contact applicants for further arrangement.
1. In order to encourage teachers’ participation in this Conference, EDB will pay teachers’ registration fee for each teacher. Applicants should therefore, make sure that they can attend the Conference before submitting their applications so as to avoid the undesirable waste of public money.
2. This is a privately-funded course. Successful applicants will be required to pay for their own (i) travelling expense to and from HK to Wuhan; (ii) hotel accommodation in Wuhan and (iii) travelling insurance. Participants are reminded to seek necessary prior approval according to relevant stipulations to take leave for the course. Teachers from aided schools may apply for leave from the SMC/IMC of the school in accordance with the EDB Circular No. 1/2006 on “Granting of Leave in Aided Schools”. Teachers from government schools may apply for no-pay study leave under CSR 1004 to cover their absence during the self-arranged training.
3. Participants are recommended to update their email addresses on Training Calendar System to their most frequently used email account to facilitate communication.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
|Related Web Site||The Global Chinese Conference on Computers in Education 2019 http://it.ccnu.edu.cn/GCCCE2019.htm|