|Course Title||IT in Education BYOD Series: Strategic Planning and Implementation of School-based Bring Your Own Device Policy and Acceptable Use Policy in Secondary Schools|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/02/26 11:40|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/02/28 11:45|
|Participant Group||All principals, school leaders and teachers responsible for formulating and implementing school-based BYOD Policy and AUP of secondary schools (Interested teachers, school technical support staff and teaching assistants are also welcome.)|
|Objective(s)||This course aims to introduce the school-based practice of planning and implementing Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policy and Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).|
1. Overview of school-based BYOD project;
2. Different concerns before implementing BYOD in schools;
3. Implementing the school-based BYOD project;
4. School-based BYOD policy and AUP in consideration of parents’ concerns;
5. Other concerns when implementing BYOD in schools; and
6. Drafting the BYOD implementation timeline.
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal (for e-Services Teacher account holders only) upon successful completion.|
1. Prior application via TCS is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Heads of schools are requested to endorse the online application by the closing date. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate.
3. Please note that the above training course is funded by public money and events will be conducted as scheduled when the enrolment reaches 15 per event. To ensure proper use and prevent unnecessary wastage of public money, teachers being admitted should attend the course on time. If the admitted teacher is unable to attend the course as scheduled, the head of the school should arrange another teacher to substitute for the vacant place before the commencement of the event in order to prevent wastage of public money. The participant substitute should attend the course with the Participant Substitute Note shown in Appendix 1. If the admitted teacher is unable to attend the course as scheduled and fails to arrange for substitution, he/she should notify CLST, CUHK via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the commencement of the event to provide the reason(s) for absence and failing to make the substitution arrangement. If the admitted teacher is absent from any session, the head of school is required to fill in a Notice of Absence shown in Appendix 2 for the absentee within one week after the commencement of the respective session to provide the reason(s) for absence and failing to make substitution on time. Please send the completed Participant Substitute Note and Notice of Absence to CLST, CUHK via e-mail via e-mail (email@example.com), for necessary action.
4. Admitted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through TCS at least 7 days before respective event commencement. Successful applicants should attend the confirmed event and bring along their confirmation mail when attending the course.
5. To help keep a more accurate attendance record, participants are required to sign-in & sign-out on registration list. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes will NOT be awarded CPD hours of the session. Teachers with full attendance after submission of assignment within 2 weeks after the completion of the course will be awarded certificates for encouragement.
6. No parking spaces are available at the venue.
7. In the event of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), concerned training sessions (A.M. or P.M.) scheduled, as per class arrangements of CUHK, will be cancelled pending further notice from the training institute on the make-up arrangement. Details of class arrangements during tropical cyclone/rainstorm are available in Appendix 3.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
2018-19_Application form for TSS (Chi).pdf
2018-19_Application form for TSS (Eng).pdf
Appendix1_BYOD_Sec v2 (clean).pdf
Appendix2_BYOD_Sec v2 (clean).pdf