|Course Title||IT in Education Pedagogical Series: Using Smartphone to Create Videos for Flipped Classroom (Online Self-learning Course, 2018/19 School Year Intake 1)|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/03/14 11:03|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/05/10 16:48|
|Participant Group||All teachers in primary and secondary schools|
|Background||To provide more flexibility to teachers in attending the professional development programmes on IT in education, the EDB is offering related online courses from the 2018/19 school year for teachers to undertake self-learning of the courses beyond the confines of time and space.|
|Objective(s)||This course aims at introducing some simple ways to create videos for flipped classroom.|
1. Using Explain Everything, Microsoft PowerPoint, Screencast-O-matic, smartphone, light board and iOS built-in “screen recording” function for creating videos;
2. Using iMovie and Clips for basic movie editing; and
3. Effective skills in using various video shooting accessories.
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Prior application via Training Calendar System (TCS) is required for access to the course materials.
2. Heads of schools are requested to endorse the online application by the closing date. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate.
3. Please note that the above online training course is hosted at the Virtual Learning Environment of Hong Kong Education City (HKEdCity). Participants should provide a valid HKEdCity account name in the enrolment of the course. Participants could refer to the attached information to check and confirm the validity of the account before submitting it to the EDB. Please call 2624 1000 for any enquiry related to the HKEdCity account.
4. Admitted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through TCS at least 7 days before respective event commencement. An email with the URL of the platform and the brief introduction of the online course will be sent to the email address given by participants.
5. Participants are expected to complete the online course during the period from 15 April to 14 June 2019. Participants are required to follow the instructions as stated on the online platform, including watching the video clips and completing all the questions. Participants should answer correctly at least half of the questions for course completion.
6. Participants are recommended to update their email addresses on TCS to their most commonly used email accounts to facilitate communication.
Verifying the HKEdCity account.pdf