|Course Title||IT in Education Pedagogical Series: Using 3D Printers and IT Tools to Enhance Learning and Teaching Effectiveness (Online Self-learning Course, 2018/19 School Year Intake 1)|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/04/09 16:05|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/05/10 16:48|
|Participant Group||All secondary school teachers teaching Science Education, Technology Education and Mathematics Education KLAs, and primary school teachers teaching General Studies and Mathematics. (Interested teachers, school technical support staff and teaching assistants are also welcome.)|
|Background||To provide more flexibility to teachers in attending the professional development programmes on IT in education, the EDB is offering related online courses from the 2018/19 school year for teachers to undertake self-learning of the courses beyond the confines of time and space.|
|Objective(s)||This course aims at introducing 3D printing, 3D scanning and 3D drawing tools to enhance learning and teaching effectiveness.|
1. Introduction to 3D printing technologies;
2. Using Qlone with a mobile computer device for 3D scanning; and
3. Using TinkerCAD and Repetior Host with a 3D printer to build 3D objects for learning and teaching as well as investigative activities.
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal (for e-Services Teacher account holders only) upon successful completion.|
1. Prior application via Training Calendar System (TCS) is required for access to the course materials.
2. Heads of schools are requested to endorse the online application by the closing date. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate.
3. Please note that the above online training course is hosted at the Virtual Learning Environment of Hong Kong Education City (HKEdCity). Participants should provide a valid HKEdCity account name in the enrolment of the course. Participants could refer to the attached information to check and confirm the validity of the account before submitting it to the EDB. Please call 2624 1000 for any enquiry related to the HKEdCity account.
4. Admitted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through TCS at least 7 days before respective event commencement. An email with the URL of the platform and the brief introduction of the online course will be sent to the email address given by participants.
5. Participants are expected to complete the online course during the period from 2 May to 28 June 2019. Participants are required to follow the instructions as stated on the online platform, including watching the video clips and completing all the questions. Participants should answer correctly at least half of the questions for course completion.
6. Participants are recommended to update their email addresses on TCS to their most commonly used email accounts to facilitate communication.
2018-19_Application form for TSS (Chi).pdf
2018-19_Application form for TSS (Eng).pdf
Verifying the HKEdCity account.pdf