|Course Title||IT in Education Subject-related Series: Strategic Use of e-Reading Resources, IT Tools and Innovative Pedagogies to Enhance Student Reading Motivation in English Language in Primary Schools|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/04/09 16:05|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/04/09 16:05|
|Participant Group||All English Language teachers and teacher librarians in primary schools (Interested teachers, school technical support staff and teaching assistants are also welcome.)|
|Objective(s)||This course aims to introduce how to enhance students’ e-reading and reading motivation in English Language by flexible use of e-reading resourses, IT tools and innovative pedagogies.|
1. Overview of pedagogical design of reading;
2. Essential principles in designing e-reading activities;
3. Design and implementation of e-reading activities with appropriate e-learning tools;
4. Facilitating the use of existing e-reading resources and platforms;
5. Practical IT tools for e-reading activities in English Language;
6. Case studies of selected e-reading programmes of English Language in schools; and
7. Other innovative e-reading strategies.
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Prior application via TCS is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Heads of schools are requested to endorse the online application by the closing date. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate.
3. Please note that the above training course is funded by public money and events will be conducted as scheduled when the enrolment reaches 15 per event. To ensure proper use and prevent unnecessary wastage of public money, teachers being admitted should attend the course on time. If the admitted teacher is unable to attend the course as scheduled, the head of the school should arrange another teacher to substitute for the vacant place before the commencement of the event in order to prevent wastage of public money. The participant substitute should attend the course with the Participant Substitute Note shown in Appendix 1. If the admitted teacher is unable to attend the course as scheduled and fails to arrange for substitution, he/she should notify CLST, CUHK via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the commencement of the event to provide the reason(s) for absence and failing to make the substitution arrangement. If the admitted teacher is absent from any session, the head of school is required to fill in a Notice of Absence shown in Appendix 2 for the absentee within one week after the commencement of the respective session to provide the reason(s) for absence and failing to make substitution on time. Please send the completed Participant Substitute Note and Notice of Absence to CLST, CUHK via e-mail (email@example.com) , for necessary action.
4. Admitted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through TCS at least 7 days before respective event commencement. Successful applicants should attend the confirmed event and bring along their confirmation mail when attending the course.
5. To help keep a more accurate attendance record, participants are required to sign-in & sign-out on registration list. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes will NOT be awarded CPD hours of the session.
6. No parking spaces are available at the venue.
7. In the event of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), concerned training sessions (A.M. or P.M.) scheduled, as per class arrangements of CUHK, will be cancelled pending further notice from the training institute on the make-up arrangement. Details of class arrangements during tropical cyclone/rainstorm are available in Appendix 3.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
2018-19_Application form for TSS and TS (Eng+Chi).docx