|Course Title||IT in Education Pedagogical Series: Pedagogical Design and Strategic Use of Mobile Learning to Enhance Student Engagement and Learning Effectiveness in Primary Schools|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/04/09 15:52|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/06/25 15:39|
|Participant Group||All teachers in primary schools (School technical support staff and teaching assistants are also welcome.)|
This course aims at introducing how teachers may enhance student engagement and learning effectiveness by using mobile learning in primary schools. This course enables participants to:
(a) understand the learning opportunities, features, strength and limitations of free IT tools for mobile learning activities;
(b) understand the good activity designs for mobile learning in consideration of the pedagogy and learning effectiveness from case studies of exemplar for primary school students, e.g Life-wide Learning (LWL) and outdoor learning, study on the neighborhood and the community, project learning and community service, etc.;
(c) create and modify simple mobile learning activities by using various IT tools e.g electronic compass, measuring tools, location-based applications, data collection applications, mind mapping tools, online forum, communication tools, collaboration tools and other relevant IT tools for mobile learning; and
(d) monitor and measure the learning outcome by using appropriate e-assessment tools.
1.1 The role and importance of mobile learning;
1.2 Overview of LWL and mobile learning;
1.3 Integration of EduVenture and other mobile learning systems in the inquiry-based learning (IBL);
1.4 Outdoor activity at The Chinese University of Hong Kong;
1.5 Briefing on assignment.
2.1 Discussion and feedback on assignments;
2.2 Creation of map data/hotspots and multi-media content in EduVenture Composer;
2.3 Introduction to digital sensors for environmental investigation;
2.4 Discussion on examples of using mobile learning in different subjects;
2.5 Account management and logistics measures;
2.6 Introduction to alternatives for outdoor learning activities;
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal (for e-Services Teacher account holders only) upon successful completion.|
1. Prior application via TCS is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Heads of schools are requested to endorse the online application by the closing date. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate.
3. Please note that the above training course is funded by public money and events will be conducted as scheduled when the enrolment reaches 15 per event. To ensure proper use and prevent unnecessary wastage of public money, teachers being admitted should attend the course on time. If the admitted teacher is unable to attend the course as scheduled, the head of the school should arrange another teacher to substitute for the vacant place before the commencement of the event in order to prevent wastage of public money. The participant substitute should attend the course with the Participant Substitute Note shown in Appendix 1. If the admitted teacher is unable to attend the course as scheduled and fails to arrange for substitution, he/she should notify CLST, CUHK via e-mail (email@example.com) before the commencement of the event to provide the reason(s) for absence and failing to make the substitution arrangement. If the admitted teacher is absent from any session, the head of school is required to fill in a Notice of Absence shown in Appendix 2 for the absentee within one week after the commencement of the respective session to provide the reason(s) for absence and failing to make substitution on time. Please send the completed Participant Substitute Note and Notice of Absence to CLST, CUHK via e-mail via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), for necessary action.
4. Admitted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through TCS at least 7 days before respective event commencement. Successful applicants should attend the confirmed event and bring along their confirmation mail when attending the course.
5. To help keep a more accurate attendance record, participants are required to sign-in & sign-out on registration list. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes will NOT be awarded CPD hours of the session.
6. No parking spaces are available at the venue.
7. In the event of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), concerned training sessions (A.M. or P.M.) scheduled, as per class arrangements of CUHK, will be cancelled pending further notice from the training institute on the make-up arrangement. Details of class arrangements during tropical cyclone/rainstorm are available in Appendix 3.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
2018-19_Application form for TSS and TS (Eng+Chi).docx