|Course Title||IT in Education Pedagogical Series: Using Information Technology in STEM Learning Activities in Secondary Schools|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/04/09 15:52|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/04/09 15:52|
|Participant Group||All secondary school teachers teaching Science subjects (Secondary school teachers teaching Technology, Mathematics and other subjects, school technical support staff and teaching assistants are also welcome.)|
This course enables participants to:
(a) acquire knowledge and skills in using IT in the process of investigation and “design and make”, and develop competence and confidence in using those technologies in STEM-related activities;
(b) design STEM learning activities with investigation / “design and make” elements by using IT to enhance the effectiveness of learning and teaching; and
(c) implement STEM learning activities with the use of IT tools and fabrication tools to enhance students’ collaborative and problem solving skills, creativity and innovativeness.
1.1 Introduction to the key concepts of design thinking;
1.2 Discussion on examples of using design thinking to facilitate STEM-related activities;
1.3 Practical ways on how to use 3D printing to facilitate “design and make”;
1.4 Simple coding skills to control microcomputer boards;
1.5 Briefing on assignment.
2.1 Discussion and feedback on assignments;
2.2 Using IT collaborative tools to implement investigation activity in STEM;
2.3 Hands-on workshop on investigation / “design and make” STEM activities;
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Prior application via TCS is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Heads of schools are requested to endorse the online application by the closing date. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate.
3. Please note that the above training course is funded by public money and events will be conducted as scheduled when the enrolment reaches 15 per event. To ensure proper use and prevent unnecessary wastage of public money, teachers being admitted should attend the course on time. If the admitted teacher is unable to attend the course as scheduled, the head of the school should arrange another teacher to substitute for the vacant place before the commencement of the event in order to prevent wastage of public money. The participant substitute should attend the course with the Participant Substitute Note shown in Appendix 1. If the admitted teacher is unable to attend the course as scheduled and fails to arrange for substitution, he/she should notify CLST, CUHK via e-mail (email@example.com) before the commencement of the event to provide the reason(s) for absence and failing to make the substitution arrangement. If the admitted teacher is absent from any session, the head of school is required to fill in a Notice of Absence shown in Appendix 2 for the absentee within one week after the commencement of the respective session to provide the reason(s) for absence and failing to make substitution on time. Please send the completed Participant Substitute Note and Notice of Absence to CLST, CUHK via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) , for necessary action.
4. Admitted applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through TCS at least 7 days before respective event commencement. Successful applicants should attend the confirmed event and bring along their confirmation mail when attending the course.
5. To help keep a more accurate attendance record, participants are required to sign-in & sign-out on registration list. Being late or early leave for more than 30 minutes will NOT be awarded CPD hours of the session.
6. No parking spaces are available at the venue.
7. In the event of adverse weather conditions (e.g. tropical cyclone or rainstorm), concerned training sessions (A.M. or P.M.) scheduled, as per class arrangements of CUHK, will be cancelled pending further notice from the training institute on the make-up arrangement. Details of class arrangements during tropical cyclone/rainstorm are available in Appendix 3.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
2018-19_Application form for TSS and TA (Eng+Chi).docx