|Course Title||IT in Education e-Safety Series: Briefing Seminar on Strengthening Information Security Management and Incident Handling in Schools|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/10/25 09:26|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/10/25 09:26|
|Participant Group||All principals, teachers, and technical support staff in primary and secondary schools|
|Objective(s)||This seminar aims to enhance the schools’ awareness and knowledge of information security management and incident handling issues.|
This event aims to enhance participants’ awareness and knowledge of:
- Trend of information security, measures in handling school information security incidents and related support by the Hong Kong Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Centre (HKCERT);
- Setting up school-based information security and incident handling procedures as well as roles and responsibility of stakeholders;
- Enhancing information security and strengthening user education;
- Policies and framework for privacy and information security in school; and
- The updated contents of the “Information Security in School – Recommended Practice (2019)” .
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal (for e-Services Teacher account holders only) upon successful completion.|
1. Prior application via Training Calendar System (TCS) is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Heads of schools are requested to endorse the online application by the closing date. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate.
3. Applicants and the respective school heads will be notified the application status through TCS 7 days before the event start date under normal circumstances. Successful applicants should attend the confirmed event and bring along the confirmation mail when attending the course.
4. The accepted applicants who cannot attend the course are required to inform the ITE Section via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 3 working days before the event date in order to arrange substitution.
5. Rejected applicants and the respective school heads will also be notified through the TCS 3 days before the respective event commencement under normal circumstances.
6. To help keep a more accurate attendance record, participants are required to sign-in & sign-out on registration list. Being late or leaving early for more than 30 minutes will not be granted any CPD hours.
7. No parking space is available at the venue.
8. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. Course/Activity in the morning session will be cancelled when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is issued or stays in effect at or after 6:30 am.
b. Course/Activity in the afternoon session will be resumed when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is cancelled at or before 11:30 am. Otherwise, the Course/Activity is declared to be cancelled.
9. Details of IT in Education Professional Development Programmes for teachers can be accessed at the IT in Education Section's website:
10. For school technical support staff, please complete the attached form and fax at 2382 4403.