|Course Title||IT in Education e-Leadership Series: HK e-Learning, STEM & Coding Education Study Tour to the United Kingdom (UK) (Co-organised by EDB and Association of IT Leaders in Education (AiTLE)) (2020-01-18 to 2020-01-24)|
|Organising Division||Education Infrastructure Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/11/05 14:17|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/11/05 14:17|
|Participant Group||All primary and secondary school principals and teachers interested in e-learning, STEM and/or coding education.|
|Background||In view of the latest development and trends on e-learning, STEM & coding education in Hong Kong, AiTLE and EDB jointly organise a study tour to London, UK in January 2020 for teachers to attend different education technologies and pedagogical forums and also one of the world’s largest education technologies expo – BETT SHOW.|
|Objective(s)||This programme aims to widen local school heads and teachers’ exposure on e-learning, STEM and coding education through attending international educational conferences and visiting educational organisations in the UK.|
1. Attending different education technological activities, forums, conferences and exhibitions;
2. Visit to one of the world’s largest technological expo: BETT SHOW; and
3. Visits to schools and IT industrial partners.
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Information Technology in Education (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal (for e-Services Teacher account holders only) upon successful completion.|
1. Prior application via Training Calendar System (TCS) is required and walk-ins will not be entertained.
2. Heads of schools are requested to endorse the online application by the closing date. Nominations will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis whereas considerations will also be given to allow more schools to participate. AiTLE is responsible for confirming the attendance list and its decision will be final and biding on all parties concerned.
3. Whether an applicant would be selected to participate in the conference is solely at the discretion of the AiTLE. In case of any dispute with school heads and/or teachers concerned over their eligibility of participation in the conference, the decision of the AiTLE will be final and binding on all parties concerned.
4. Accepted or rejected applicants and their respective school heads will be notified through the e-Service Portal Account on or before 9 December 2019.
5. AiTLE will also be responsible for all the logistic arrangements of this study tour and contact applicants for further arrangement.
6. Successful applicants will be required to pay for their own (i) air-tickets to and from Hong Kong to UK; (ii) hotel accommodation in the UK and; (iii) travelling insurance, etc. Participants are reminded to seek necessary prior approval according to relevant stipulations to take leave for the course. Teachers from aided schools may apply for leave from the SMC/IMC of the school in accordance with the EDB Circular No. 1/2006 on “Granting of Leave in Aided Schools”. Teachers from government schools may apply for no-pay study leave under CSR 1004 to cover their absence during the self-arranged training.
7. Participants are recommended to update their email addresses on Training Calendar System to their most frequently used email account to facilitate communication.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
|Related Web Site||https://www.aitle.org.hk/?p=6026|