|Course Title||Certificate in Professional Development Programme for Primary Teachers of English [1 week]|
|Organising Division||Professional Development and Training Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/07/04 10:14|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/12/16 09:11|
Finance Type: ALL
Subject/Function: ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Participant: In-service primary school English language teachers
|Background||This Government-funded course is approved by the Education Bureau (EDB). Schools which release teachers undertaking this course may apply for supply teachers. For details, please refer to EDB Circular Memorandum No.130/2008 (Please click here) and reference on 'Teacher Relief Grant' for Schools with an Incorporated Management Committee on EDB Homepage (Please click here). For enquiries, please contact the respective Regional Education Office of the EDB.|
The programme aims at upgrading teachers' knowledge and skills in the teaching of English at primary level. It will focus on areas of English language knowledge and skills relevant to the current needs of teachers in the local school sector with particular emphasis on the implementation of significant changes in the English language curriculum.
Upon completion of the programmes, participants should be able to:
1. demonstrate an enhanced understanding of aspects of the English language system;
2. demonstrate an enhanced understanding of aspects of the English language learning and teaching;
3. demonstrate an understanding of how this enhanced knowledge is applicable within the Hong Kong primary curriculum.
4. demonstrate enhanced skills in teaching English to Hong Kong primary students.
|Programme Description||For details please refer to http://www.eduhk.hk/acadprog/pdp/bwp048.htm|
|Content Area||Subject Knowledge & Pedagogy/Learning & Teaching (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||80 %|
1. Applicants should be:
(i) in-service primary school English language teachers; and
(ii) recommended by school principals.
Remarks: Both English teachers and English panel chairs are welcome.
2. Applications should be submitted online at EdUHK admission website http://www.eduhk.hk/acadprog/online/ .
3. Upon completion of the course, if participants want to record the number of CPD hours in their personal profile in the e-Services Portal, they can do it on their own.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
|Related Web Site||http://www.eduhk.hk/acadprog/pdp/bwp048.htm|
Event AA Session 1 Speaker(s) / Facilitator(s) English
Event AA Session 1 Speaker(s) / Facilitator(s) Chinese
Event AB Session 1 Speaker(s) / Facilitator(s) English
Event AB Session 1 Speaker(s) / Facilitator(s) Chinese