|Course Title||Certificate in Professional Development Programme on Practical Legal Knowledge for Schools [5 weeks]|
|Organising Division||Professional Development and Training Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/07/04 10:14|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/07/04 10:14|
Finance Type: ALL
Level: PRIMARY, SECONDARY AND SPECIAL
Participant: In-service primary, secondary or special school teachers
|Background||This Government-funded course is approved by the Education Bureau (EDB). Schools which release teachers undertaking this course may apply for supply teachers. For details, please refer to EDB Circular Memorandum No.130/2008 (Optional Cash Grant) and Substitute Nurse Grant' (Please click here) and reference on 'Teacher Relief Grant' for Schools with an Incorporated Management Committee on EDB Homepage (Please click here). For enquiries, please contact the respective Regional Education Office of the EDB.|
The aims and objectives of this programme are designed to help the participants:
- familiarize participants with essential legal knowledge relating to their professions;
- promote personal awareness in legal issues in educational practice;
- sensitize participants on the legal aspects of their roles, rights and duties as an educational practitioner;
- appreciate circumstances in which teachers and schools are at risk to claims of negligence and damages;
- clarify some legal uncertainties surrounding schooling by focusing on established laws in school and teachers’ responsibilities for students’ safety, health and well-being; and
- raise participants’ sensitivity in the changing needs of the society and to identify areas for law reform.
|Programme Description||For details please refer to http://www.eduhk.hk/acadprog/pdp/bwp089.htm|
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|Content Area||School Administration & Management (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||80 %|
1. To be eligible for admission, applicants should be:
(i) in-service primary, secondary or special school teachers and
(ii) recommended by school principals.
Remarks: Each school can recommend more than one teacher.
2. Applications should be submitted online at EdUHK admission website http://www.eduhk.hk/acadprog/online/ .
3. Upon completion of the course, if participants want to record the number of CPD hours in their personal profile in the e-Services Portal, they can do it on their own.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
|Related Web Site||