|Course Title||Preparation for Principalship Course for Aspiring Principals (Secondary Schools) (2019/20) [Please refer to respective university's website for the latest arrangement.]|
|Organising Division||Professional Development and Training Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/08/23 16:46|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2020/03/31 15:37|
Finance Type: ALL
Level: SECONDARY AND SPECIAL
Participant: DEPUTY HEADS, PANEL HEADS AND TEACHERS
|Background||As announced in EDB Circular No. 2/2019 dated 28 February 2019, with effect from the 2004/05 school year, aspiring principals have to attain the 'Certification for Principalship' (CFP) requirement in addition to complying with the appointment conditions in force at the time, before they can be considered for appointment to principalship in public sector or DSS schools^. This course is one of the components of the CFP process. (^For details, please refer to the EDB Circular No. 2/2019.)|
|Objective(s)||To prepare aspiring principals to take up principalship by providing training on practical skills and theories in the Six Core Areas of Leadership.|
The course lasts for at least 81 contact hours (75 hours on the six core areas of leadership and 6 hours on action research methodology) with built-in assessments. Participants are required to carry out an action research project to apply what they have acquired from the course in a school setting.
The six core areas of leadership of the course are as follows:
1. Strategic Direction and Policy Environment
2. Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
3. Teacher Professional Growth and Development
4. Staff and Resources Management
5. Quality Assurance and Accountability
6. External Communication and Connection to the Outside World
|Language Medium||Please refer to the websites of the relevant universities.|
|Content Area||Leadership & Strategy (GM)|
1) EDB has recognised the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), the University of Hong Kong (HKU), Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) and the Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK) to deliver this course from September 2019 to August 2021.
2) For the course details, please refer to the following websites:
Preparation for Principalship Course (CUHK)
Preparation for Principalship Course (HKU)
Preparation for Principalship Course (HKBU)
Preparation for Principalship Course (EdUHK)
3) For enquires, please contact:
(CUHK) Ms Yuki CHAU on 3943 1051;
(HKU) Ms Charlotte LI on 3917 8012;
(HKBU) Ms Asa YIP on 3411 5545;
(EdUHK) Ms Nicole TANG on 2948 8311;
(EDB) Ms Fion LAM on 3509 7580.
4) If you wish to attend a course to be conducted in English, please contact Ms Iris LEE (EDB) on 3509 7571 for more information.
5) Preparation for Principalship Course for Aspiring Principals (Secondary Schools) is a recognised training programme on school management for promotion to Principal Graduate Master/Mistress (PGM) in secondary schools.
6) Participants are required to fill in the evaluation form at the end of the course.