|Course Title||Nip It in the Bud –“Stressed" to “Desserts”|
|Organising Division||School Administration Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/02/11 11:45|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/03/07 11:29|
Principals, deputy principals, discipline teachers, guidance teachers, class teachers and other school personnel of primary, secondary and special schools.
|Background||Students’ mental health is arousing more and more concern. The Suicide Crisis Intervention Centre of the Samaritan Befrienders Hong Kong’s Centre-in-charge and their service consultant will elaborate the psychosomatic symptoms of stressed students, early identification and intervention of suicidal crisis to facilitate teachers to help students cope with academic stress. The Department of Health’s staff will introduce their resources and a graduate of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology will share his stress relief app, which won Hong Kong Information and Communications Technology Awards (2017): the Best Student Invention Grand Award and the Best Student Invention (Tertiary or above) Gold Award.|
1. To help teachers identify stressed students’ psychosomatic symptoms, case study of anxiety and panic disorders.
2. Early identification and intervention of suicidal crises.
3. To facilitate teachers to guide their students cope with the academic stress.
4. To share stress coping resources.
|Programme Description||See attachment|
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Pastoral Care (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||100 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. The activities may be video-typed for educational purposes.
2. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. In the event of class suspension for ALL schools in the territory announced by EDB because of special conditions, the seminar will be cancelled.
b. If the suspension of class is applicable only for kindergartens or schools in a particular region, this seminar targeting for all secondary, primary and special schools territory-wide will be held as usual.
c. The seminar will be resumed when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled at or before 10:30 am.
3. Accepted or rejected applicants and the respective school heads will be notified through the e-Service Portal Account or fax (for those without the e-Service account).
4. Car Park Arrangement - No car parks will be provided at venue.
4. 車位安排 - 活動場地不提供車位予與會人仕。