|Course Title||Basic Course on Career Guidance and Life Planning for Secondary School Teachers (20 hours), 2019/20 School Year [Re-scheduled (Events / Sessions in April 2020)]|
|Organising Division||School Development Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/10/29 09:31|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2020/08/18 15:04|
Finance Type: GOVERNMENT, AIDED (INCLUDING SPECIAL SCHOOLS), CAPUT AND DIRECT SUBSIDY SCHEME
Level: SECONDARY AND SPECIAL
Participant: CAREERS TEACHERS AND TEACHERS
|Objective(s)||This Programme aims to provide structured basic professional training, with the key element on life planning education, for teachers (including special schools teachers) entrusted with the work of leading and promoting career education at secondary schools. Course participants will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, concepts and resources required for the effective delivery of career education and guidance to students.|
|Programme Description||Interested applicants are requested to go through course details provided by the course providers prior to enrolment.|
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Pastoral Care (V)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||85 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal (for e-Services Teacher account holders only) upon successful completion.|
1. Applicants should apply on web. Late and Walk-ins applicants will not be accepted.
2. Heads of schools are requested to endorse the online application by the closing date. Late endorsement will not be accepted.
3. Applicants and the respective school heads will be notified the application status through TCS on or before 16 December 2019 under normal circumstances. Unsuccessful applicants will be put on the waiting list automatically. Applicants will not be accepted without any forms of notification through TCS.
4. A confirmation letter and course details will be sent to successful applicants by the course provider. Applications will not be accepted without receiving the confirmation letter.
5. The course is commissioned by the Education Bureau (EDB). Successful applicants need not to pay course fee.
6. A certificate shall be awarded to participants who have
a) attained an attendance rate of 85% or more of the total contact hours (both causal leave and sick leave are counted as absence) ; and
b) completed all the course assessment requirements.
CPD hours will be awarded upon successful completion of the whole course.
7. Whenever the total number of the quota is exceeded,
a) Priority will be given to career masters/mistresses or career teachers. The remaining training quota will be arranged on a first-come, first-served basis.
b) EDB may arrange transfer of applicants, upon their consent, to join the other events with vacant places.
8. Applicants should take note of the attached tentative timetable of the course provider.
9. Personal data of successful applicants may be forwarded to course provider for correspondence purpose.
10. For applicants apply for both “Certificate Course on Career Guidance and Life Planning for Secondary School Teachers (100 hrs)” (TCS Course ID: SCHD20200002) (Certificate Course) and “Basic Course on Career Guidance and Life Planning for Secondary School Teachers (20 hrs)” (TCS Course ID: SCHD20200003) (Basic Course); and be selected for enrolment for the Certificate Course, their application for the Basic Course will not be considered.
11. No parking space is available at the venue.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
Prospectus basic course 2019-20.pdf
Timetable basic course 2019-20.pdf
Event AB Session 1 Date
Event AC Session 1 Date
Event AD Session 1 Date