|Course Title||Thematic Course on Supporting Students with SEN - Sensory, Communication and Physical Needs (Focusing on the needs of students with HI & SLI)|
|Organising Division||Special Education Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2018/06/29 12:21|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2018/10/24 10:04|
|Participant Group||All in-service teachers of primary, secondary and special schools|
|Background||The Education Bureau (EDB) is committed to implementing integrated education for students with special educational needs (SEN) who can benefit from education in ordinary schools. Teacher training is one of the key factors for catering for students with SEN effectively. To enhance teachers’ capacity in catering for students with SEN, the provision of the ‘Basic, Advanced and Thematic (BAT) Courses’ for teachers is continued. The courses will be conducted in a full-time block-release mode. Regular teachers of government and aided primary, secondary and special schools will be granted paid study leave for attending the courses and supply teachers will be provided for the schools accordingly.|
|Objective(s)||This Thematic Course aims at enhancing teachers' competency in teaching students with “Sensory, Communication and Physical Needs” (SCPN), focusing on the needs of students with Hearing Impairment (HI) and Speech and Langauge impairment (SLI). Emphasis will be put on both theoretical and practical aspects. Participants will further review the characteristics, educational needs, supporting strategies, curriculum accommodation, teaching resources, behaviour management, team work and community support for students with SCPN. On completion of the course, participants will be able to apply the necessary professional knowledge and skills in catering for students with HI & SLI.|
|Programme Description||The course will last for 90 contact hours in total. Participants should submit their assessment tasks required by the course before the submission deadline.|
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Sensory, Communication and Physical Needs (SLI & HI)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||80 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Information submitted by the applicants will be transferred to relevant institution(s) for processing application for the course.
2. Regular teachers of government and aided primary, secondary and special schools will be granted paid study leave for attending this course, and supply teachers will be provided to schools accordingly. In this regard, the schools concerned, irrespective of having an Incorporated Management Committee (IMC) or not, may apply for reimbursement of the salaries of the supply teachers. The EDB Form No.123 for aided schools with an IMC is attached herewith or can be downloaded from the website (www.edb.gov.hk> Education System and Policy > Special Education > Teacher Training)
3. Successful applicants will be notified via the e-Services Portal Account.
4. In view of the number of applications, the Education Bureau reserves the right for class cancellation.
5. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. Course/Activity in the morning session will be cancelled when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is issued or stays in effect at or after 6:00 am.
b. Course/Activity in the afternoon session will be resumed when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is cancelled at or before 11:00 am. Otherwise, the Course /Activity is declared to be cancelled.
c. Participants will be notified of further arrangement in due course.
6. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at venue.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
BAT Timetable 2018-19 (2018-10).pdf
三層課程一覽表 2018-19 (2018-10).pdf
|Related Web Site||
EDB – Special Education Teacher Training
Special Education Resource Centre
Department of Special Education and Counselling, EdUHK