|Course Title||Thematic Course on Supporting Students with SEN – Cognition and Learning Needs (Facilitating English Language Learning - Focusing on the needs of students with SpLD & ID)|
|Organising Division||Special Education Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2018/06/29 12:21|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2018/10/24 10:04|
|Participant Group||All in-service teachers of primary, secondary and special schools|
|Background||The Education Bureau (EDB) is committed to implementing integrated education for students with special educational needs (SEN) who can benefit from education in ordinary schools. Teacher training is one of the key factors for catering for students with SEN effectively. To enhance teachers’ capacity in catering for students with SEN, the provision of the ‘Basic, Advanced and Thematic (BAT) Courses’ for teachers is continued. The courses will be conducted in a full-time block-release mode. Regular teachers of government and aided primary, secondary and special schools will be granted paid study leave for attending the courses and supply teachers will be provided for the schools accordingly.|
|Objective(s)||This Thematic Course aims at enhancing teachers' competency in teaching students with 'Cognition and Learning Needs'(CLN), focusing on the needs of students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) and Intellectual Disabilities (ID). Emphasis will be put on both theoretical and practical aspects such as designing and conducting intervention plans and developing corresponding learning materials. Participants will further review the methods of evaluating the learning of students with CLN and how the acquired educational strategies and skills will benefit these students and other students. On completion of the course, participants will be able to apply the necessary professional knowledge and skills in catering for the students with CLN.|
|Programme Description||The course composes of two parts: (a) 18 days (108 hours) of lectures, (b) four half-day (12 hours) sessions of supervised group practicum. The supervised group practicum may be held at 4:30pm or afterwards of weekdays or in the morning/afternoon of Saturdays. Participants should submit their assessment tasks required by the course before the submission deadline.|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Cognition and Learning Needs|
|Attendance required for successful completion||80 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Information submitted by the applicants will be transferred to relevant institution(s) for processing application for the course.
2. Regular teachers of government and aided primary, secondary and special schools will be granted paid study leave for attending this course, and supply teachers will be provided to schools accordingly. In this regard, the schools concerned, irrespective of having an Incorporated Management Committee (IMC) or not, may apply for reimbursement of the salaries of the supply teachers. The EDB Form No.123 for aided schools with an IMC is attached herewith or can be downloaded from the website (www.edb.gov.hk> Education System and Policy > Special Education > Teacher Training)
3. Successful applicants will be notified via the e-Services Portal Account.
4. In view of the number of applications, the Education Bureau reserves the right for class cancellation.
5. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. Course/Activity in the morning session will be cancelled when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is issued or stays in effect at or after 6:00 am.
b. Course/Activity in the afternoon session will be resumed when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is cancelled at or before 11:00 am. Otherwise, the Course /Activity is declared to be cancelled.
c. Participants will be notified of further arrangement in due course.
6. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at venue.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
BAT Timetable 2018-19 (2018-10).pdf
三層課程一覽表 2018-19 (2018-10).pdf
|Related Web Site||
Special Education Resource Centre
EDB – Special Education Teacher Training
Department of Special Education and Counselling, EdUHK