|Course Title||Basic Course on Catering for Diverse Learning Needs|
|Organising Division||Special Education Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/05/31 09:29|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2019/11/21 14:27|
|Participant Group||All in-service teachers of primary, secondary and special schools|
|Background||The Education Bureau (EDB) is committed to implementing integrated education for students with special educational needs (SEN) who can benefit from education in ordinary schools. Teacher training is one of the key factors for catering for students with SEN effectively. To enhance teachers’ capacity in catering for students with SEN, the provision of the ‘Basic, Advanced and Thematic (BAT) Courses’ for teachers is continued. The courses will be conducted in a full-time block-release mode. Regular teachers of government and aided primary, secondary and special schools will be granted paid study leave for attending the courses and supply teachers will be provided for the schools accordingly.|
|Objective(s)||The Basic Course aims at enhancing teachers' competency in catering for classroom diversity. Participants will learn the principles and policy of integrated education in Hong Kong, understand learners’ various special needs, acquire the related support strategies and skills, and develop a positive attitude towards inclusion. On completion of the course, participants will be able to accommodate learners’ diverse learning needs and provide support accordingly.|
|Programme Description||The course will last for 30 contact hours in total. Participants should submit the assessment tasks required by the course before the submission deadline.|
|Language Medium||Cantonese supplemented with English (English in specified events)|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Basic Level (Special Education)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||80 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal upon successful completion.|
1. Information submitted by the applicants will be transferred to relevant institution(s) for processing application for the course.
2. Regular teachers of government and aided primary, secondary and special schools will be granted paid study leave for attending this course, and supply teachers will be provided to schools accordingly. In this regard, the schools concerned, irrespective of having an Incorporated Management Committee (IMC) or not, may apply for reimbursement of the salaries of the supply teachers. The EDB Form No.123 for aided schools with an IMC is attached herewith or can be downloaded from the website (www.edb.gov.hk> Education System and Policy > Special Education > Teacher Training)
3. Successful applicants will be notified via the e-Services Portal Account.
4. If the no. of application exceeds the maximum capacity of a class, applicants will be put on a waiting list according to their order in application. If applicants do not receive any enrolment confirmation 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the course, the application is considered unsuccessful.
5. The applicant cannot change the event of the course once applied.
6. In view of the number of applications, the Education Bureau reserves the right for class cancellation.
7. The decision of the Education Bureau on the Basic, Advanced and Thematic (BAT) Courses arrangement shall be final and binding.
8. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. Course/Activity in the morning session will be cancelled when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is issued or stays in effect at or after 6:00 am.
b. Course/Activity in the afternoon session will be resumed when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is cancelled at or before 11:00 am. Otherwise, the Course /Activity is declared to be cancelled.
c. Participants will be notified of further arrangement in due course.
9. Car Park Arrangement
No car parks will be provided at venue.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
三層課程一覽表 2019-20 (2019-11).pdf
BAT Timetable 2019-20 (2019-11).pdf
|Related Web Site||
Special Education Resource Centre
EDB - Special Education Teacher Training
Department of Special Education and Counselling, EdUHK