|Course Title||"Professional Development Programme for Mental Health: Elementary Course on Mental Health Promotion at Schools and Supporting Students with Mental Health Needs" for the 2019/20 School Year (SECONDARY) [Cancelled (Events / Sessions in February and March 2020)]|
|Organising Division||Special Education Division|
|First Issue Date and Time||2019/06/18 11:15|
|Latest Issue Date and Time||2020/02/23 23:45|
In-service teachers of secondary and special schools (secondary section).
|Background||The Education Bureau (EDB) has always attached great importance to enhancing students' competency to cope with adversity, and is committed to nurturing students' positive attitude towards life, as well as supporting students with mental health needs. EDB conducts professional development programmes for teachers to raise their awareness on mental health and help them early detect and support students with mental health needs. The courses will be conducted in a full-time block-release mode. Regular teachers of government, aided and caput secondary as well as special schools will be granted paid study leave for attending the course and supply teacher grant will be provided for the schools accordingly.|
|Objective(s)||The Elementary Course aims at providing serving teachers with fundamental knowledge and skills in nurturing the mental well-being of students through establishing an accepting atmosphere at school for healthy development of students and de-stigmatization of mental illness, enhancing knowledge and skills to identify students with mental health needs as well as sensitivity to identify students at risk of suicide. On completion of the Course, participants will be able to assist their schools to promote mental health of students.|
|Programme Description||1.This Course will include fundamental knowledge and skills in promoting mental health at schools, and supporting students with mental health need. 2.The Course will last for 18 contact hours in total, the Course Time is 0915-1215 & 1330 -1630.|
|Language Medium||Cantonese Supplemented with English|
|CPD Elements for Principal||
|CPD Elements for Teacher||
|Content Area||Other theme (Special Education)|
|Attendance required for successful completion||80 % Training & development data will be revealed in Teacher's Personal Profile in e-Services Portal (for e-Services Teacher account holders only) upon successful completion.|
1. Information submitted by the applicants will be transferred to relevant institution(s) for processing application for the course.
2. Regular teachers of government and aided secondary and special schools (Secondary Section) will be granted paid study leave for attending this course, and supply teacher will be provided to schools accordingly. In this regard, the schools concerned, irrespective of having an Incorporated Management Committee (IMC) or not, may apply for reimbursement of the salaries of the supply teachers. The EDB Form No.123 for aided schools with an IMC is attached herewith or can be downloaded from the website (www.edb.gov.hk> Education System and Policy > Special Education > Teacher Training)
3. For guidance teachers, they are advised to apply In-depth Course.
4. Priority will be given to in-service teachers.
5. Successful applicants will be notified via the e-Services Portal Account.
6. If the number of application exceeds the maximum capacity of a class, applicants not being enrolled will be put on the waiting list. If applicants do not receive any enrolment confirmation 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the course, the application is considered unsuccessful.
7. The applicant cannot change the event of the course once applied.
8. In view of the number of applications, the Education Bureau reserves the right for class cancellation.
9. The decision of the Education Bureau on the course arrangement shall be final and binding.
10. Special Arrangements for Bad Weather
a. Course/Activity in the morning session will be cancelled when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is issued or stays in effect at or after 6:00 am.
b. Course/ Activity in the afternoon session will be resumed when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is cancelled at or before 11:00 am. Otherwise, the Course / Activity is declared to be cancelled.
c. Participants will be notified of further arrangement in due course.
11. Car Park Arrangement: No car parks will be provided at venue.
|Certificate to be Awarded||
Course Title English
Course Title Chinese